Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] ld: warning: symbol `plugin_list' has differing sizes:

2011-09-04 09:22:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] ld: warning: symbol `plugin_list' has differing sizes:
From: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 22:52:40 +1000
On 4/09/2011 9:31 PM, Ren Sato wrote:
[SNIP]

Looks like 64- versus 32-bit conflicts, kinda-sorta.

Or, you built MySQL using GCC, and, as you are building Bacula using
SunStudio you have exercised yet another GCC wrongness.

You could try building Bacula with GCC, or, here's my configuration for
an S10u8 bacula system, using the WebStack MySQL and SunStudio compiler,
to build 32-bit binaries:

PATH=/opt/webstack/bin:/opt/webstack/mysql/bin/64:/opt/webstack/mysql/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

./configure \
   CC=cc CXX=CC \
   CFLAGS="-g -O" \
   LDFLAGS="-R/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql" \
   --prefix=/opt/bacula \
   --datarootdir=/opt/bacula/share \
   --mandir=/opt/bacula/man \
   --with-archivedir=/opt/bacula/archive \
   --with-working-dir=/opt/bacula/working \
   --with-plugindir=/opt/bacula/plugins \
   --with-scriptdir=/opt/bacula/scripts \
   --with-subsys-dir=/opt/bacula/subsys \
   --with-mysql=/opt/webstack/mysql \
   --with-dir-password=one \
   --with-fd-password=two \
   --with-sd-password=three \
   --with-dir-user=bacula \
   --with-dir-group=backup \
   --with-sd-user=bacula \
   --with-sd-group=backup \
   --with-fd-user=root \
   --with-fd-group=backup \
   --enable-smartalloc \
   --enable-batch-insert \
   --enable-smartalloc \
   --with-dump-email=me \
   --with-job-email=me \
   --with-smtp-host=localhost

I had to fiddle with the configure script to get it to recognise the
WebStack MySQL, as it did not come with static libraries, but it looks
like you have built your own MySQL so I assume you won't have that problem.

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)