Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Pool strategies

2011-06-26 18:38:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Pool strategies
From: lists AT verwilst DOT be
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 00:17:44 +0200
 Hi guys,

 I'm currently setting up a new Bacula environment and I thought I would
 get some different patterns of thought before i start the
 implementation. :)

 The plan is pretty simple, I need to keep some of my backups for 2
 weeks, others for 2 months for example. My thought was to create pools
 for each timespan with matching volume retention, as in pool-full-2week,
 pool-inc-2week, pool-full-2month, etc. and assign jobs to the
 corresponding pools. I just wanted to see what some of you with similar
 needs did to setup his system, to mitigate false assumptions.

 Amaze me! ;)

 Thanks a lot for your feedback!

 Kind regards,

 Bart