Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problems backing up to disk

2011-06-25 19:46:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problems backing up to disk
From: mikewilt <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 13:13:39 -0700
I have set up two similar installations at home and at church.  They both have
the same problem.  Both are running under Linux:

Linux version 2.6.26-2-686 (Debian 2.6.26-26lenny1) (dannf AT debian DOT org)
(gcc version 4.1.3 20080704 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-25)) #1 SMP Thu Nov 25
01:53:57 UTC 2010

Both are running Bacula Version: 5.0.3 (04 August 2010)

I configured to use disk storage based on the chapter "Automated Disk Backup"
in the user manual.

It seems to work ok for a while, but the volume status for disk volumes turns
fairly quickly to "Error".  At this point they don't get used or recycled and
it runs out of usable volumes.  I have been able to restore from such volumes
so their contents seems to be ok.  I can force it to purge them but that is
very tedious.

Any ideas out there?

Mike