Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Director with 3 dedicated storage servers

2011-06-25 09:17:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] Director with 3 dedicated storage servers
From: xunil321 <Rainer.Blaes AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 06:13:26 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,
we want to setup Bacula 5.0.3 under SLES 11 SP1 in the following way:
1x Director and three DEDICATED SD servers (each system has 6TB disk storage
and one LTO-4 tape autochanger). We learnt from this list that this
separation
can be done ie director and sd can live on different machines.
But we are not sure about these mechanism:
- to use the file storage of our 3 SD servers the director has to mount by
NFS
   these filesystems for the backup, right?
-  how does have the director access to the LTO-4 tape of our 3 SD servers
   ie from where does it know the location of the autochanger
-  how to we have to configure/compile  Bacula 5.0.3 for the DEDICATED SD
   servers ie with the same options as we did it for the director?
Many thanks for any hints!
Rainer