Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Director with 3 dedicated storage servers

2011-06-25 09:29:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Director with 3 dedicated storage servers
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: xunil321 <Rainer.Blaes AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:26:47 -0400
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:13 AM, xunil321 <Rainer.Blaes AT astrium.eads DOT
net> wrote:

> Dear all,
> we want to setup Bacula 5.0.3 under SLES 11 SP1 in the following way:
> 1x Director and three DEDICATED SD servers (each system has 6TB disk storage
> and one LTO-4 tape autochanger). We learnt from this list that this
> separation
> can be done ie director and sd can live on different machines.

Yes. For the last 7 years I have had my director on a different
machine than my storage machines. For most of this my database is/was
on a different machine as well.

> But we are not sure about these mechanism:
> - to use the file storage of our 3 SD servers the director has to mount by
> NFS

No, you do not want to mount storage by NFS. I would put a storage
daemon on each machine.

>   these filesystems for the backup, right?
> -  how does have the director access to the LTO-4 tape of our 3 SD servers
>   ie from where does it know the location of the autochanger
> -  how to we have to configure/compile  Bacula 5.0.3 for the DEDICATED SD
>   servers ie with the same options as we did it for the director?
> Many thanks for any hints!
> Rainer
> --

John M. Drescher