Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migrating form mysql to postgresql: Loading the database takes very long

2011-06-23 01:57:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migrating form mysql to postgresql: Loading the database takes very long
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:55:04 +0200
On 06/21/2011 09:59 AM, Marcus Mülbüsch wrote:
> I want to migrate my bacula installation from mysql to postgresql,
> following the guide in
> http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Installing_Configuring_Post.html#SECTION004450000000000000000
>
> After dumping and converting the database the sql-file now has 9GiB.
>
> I began loading the db into postgres about 18 hours before, but the
> process is not yet finished. Is this normal? Or did I miss an important
> step?
>
> And the command to load the database is indeed:
>
> "psql -Ubacula bacula < bacula-backup.sql"
>
> and not the mangled version given on the linked page?
>
> Marcus

Did you prepare ( I suppose ) postgresql to manage bacula database.
As most of distribution around send postgresql with a very very little setup
(like use 32MB ram etc)

Adjusting the setup of postgresql can make a huge difference.
Here a 4.5Gb sql text dump, need approximatively less than 2 hours to be
inserted on blank db.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch