Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Still not getting wildcard matching

2011-06-22 23:28:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Still not getting wildcard matching
From: Stuart McGraw <smcg4191 AT frii DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:25:24 -0600
I am converting FileSets that used mostly used regexes
to use wild matches where possible.  But I am still not
getting how wildcard matching is working.

        Options {
            Wilddir = "/home/*/.backup"
            Wild    = "/home/*/.backup/*"
            }
        Options {
            Exclude = yes
            Wild    = "/home/*/.*"
            Wilddir = "/home/*/tmp"
            Wilddir = "/home/*/Maildir/.*/tmp"
            }
        File = /home

The above FileSet is excluding all /home/*/Maildir/.* files, not
just the .../tmp subset I intended.  Why?  And how do I fix it?

I have not been seen in the Bacula manual a description of exactly
how filenames match wildcard specs (e.g. does "a*b" match "a/b"?).
Is one available somewhere?