Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] unable to resto bootstrap file missing

2011-06-21 10:45:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] unable to resto bootstrap file missing
From: chanpeter88 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 03:17:01 -0700
verson for dir, sd, fd: 5.0.2
platform: ubuntu 32bit 10.10
dir,sd, fd are in same server

trying to restore:
bconsole -> run -> RestoreFiles ->
Run Restore job
JobName:    RestoreFiles
Bootstrap:  *None*
Where:      /tmp/bacula-restore
Replace:         always
Client:          ubuntu10x32-test-fd
Storage:         File
JobId:           9
When:            2011-06-21 18:10:43
Catalog:         MyCatalog
Plugin Options:  *None*

Fatal error: Cannot restore without a bootstrap file. You probably ran a
restore job directly. All restore jobs must be run using the restore command.

however if i run
bconsole -> restore -> 3 [select jobid] -> 9 [jobid] -> mark * -> done

Run Restore job
JobName:         RestoreFiles
Bootstrap:       /var/lib/bacula/ubuntu10x32-test-dir.restore.2.bsr
Where:           /tmp/bacula-restore
Replace:         always
FileSet:         Full Set
Backup Client:   ubuntu10x32-test-fd
Restore Client:  ubuntu10x32-test-fd
Storage:         File
When:            2011-06-21 18:12:00
Catalog:         MyCatalog
Plugin Options:  *None*

****** pls note bootstrap file is created *************

restore is ok but why i need to go through longer steps to create. during my
last time testing, i could restore just using bconsole->run

pls advise.