Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] recommendations for scheduling

2011-06-16 12:24:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] recommendations for scheduling
From: Daniel De Marco <ddm AT bartol.udel DOT edu>
To: Ben Walton <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:52:30 -0400
Ben,

* Ben Walton <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca> [06/16/2011 11:27]:
> Thanks for this info.  It helps.  I was just hoping that I wasn't
> missing some setting that made the staggering dynamically
> configurable.

my plan was to use "Max Full Interval" to solve this problem, but I
didn't test it yet. In principle if you set it to a month and then do
your full backups staggered once they would continue to be staggered.

It would be nice to have a "Max Differential Interval" though, so one
would be able to schedule all Inc jobs and have them automatically
upgrade to Diff or Full depending on how old the last Diff or Full is.

Daniel.