Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Max Wait Time not respected, Max Run Time exceedes with 0s run time

2011-06-14 07:27:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Max Wait Time not respected, Max Run Time exceedes with 0s run time
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer AT omnilan DOT de>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:24:09 +0200
Op 14/06/2011 11:50, Harald Schmalzbauer schreef:

> Thanks, of course I can give you all the details:
>
> JobDefs {
>    Name = "WindowsDefault"
>    Type = Backup
>    Level = Incremental
>    Messages = Standard
>    Pool = Temp
> #  Full Backup Pool = Weekly
> #  Incremental Backup Pool = Daily
>    Priority = 10
>    Schedule = "ServerCompleteBackup"
>    Write Bootstrap = "/data/bacula-storage/BaculaFD/BootStrapRecords/%c.bsr"
>    Max Start Delay = 14400 # 4h to wait after scheduled start
>    Max Run Time = 14400 # s42 hours to run after beeing really started
>    Differential Max Run Time = 7200 # 2 hour for incrementals after
> beeing started
>    Incremental Max Run Time = 3600 # 1 hour for incrementals after beeing
> started
>    Max Run Sched Time = 36000 # 10 hours to wait to start job as planned
>    Max Wait Time = 7200 # 2h to wait for resources after job really started
> #  Max Full Interval = # If Full is older thatn this, alwas full will be
> performed!
> }
A few thoughts:
- I don't think you need a combination of max start delay, max run time
AND max run sched time, as the latter is basically the first two combined.
- If you want you can write out the values in a more readable format
like "4h" or "1d" instead of a value in seconds. (bacula will convert
internally)

Apart from that, are you sure these are the correct values bacula is
using? A way to check which jobs bacula knows internally is the "show
jobs" command. (or for a specific job you could use "show job=jobname".)
That should list all specific values for that job. If there's a
difference between those values and the values in your config you will
need to either reload the config in bconsole of (preferably) restart the
bacula director. Does the job run fine if you schedule it to start at a
time when no other jobs are running?

Regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****