Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Director Control Protocol

2011-06-10 01:38:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Director Control Protocol
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:35:17 +0200
Hi,

2011/6/8 Sean Clark <smclark AT tamu DOT edu>
> 1. Connect to the bacula-dir daemon
> 2. Authenticate
> 3. Send a command like "show status client blah.foo.bar-fd"
>
> and have that return machine-parse-able status information, rather than human-readable information.
You can skip the "parse the list of clients" step by just sending
"status client=blah.foo.bar-fd" directly to bconsole, but I personally
would also love to see more easily machine-parseable output - just
adding to bconsole's commands themselves an "out=xml" or "out=json" or
similar modifier that returns the information in an easier to parse form
instead of the default "human readable" form would be extremely useful
to me.

There are a dot command like:
* .status client=<client> [header, running, ...]
which simplify a bconsole interaction.

bye
--
Radosław Korzeniewski