Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO 5 Autoloader Support.

2011-06-06 11:32:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO 5 Autoloader Support.
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:29:23 +0100
derbysig wrote:
> I see.
> So the main issue is actually the OS itself and not Bacula.
> I will research and test it out myself if my current OS can support LTO5 then.

If you can talk to the drives using standard "mt" commands then you can
talk to them using Bacula.

I've seen no difference under Linux between any scsi(sas/fc/uw-scsi)
tape device in the last 15 years (on the interface/command side of
things). ATAPI, USB-scsi, and devices with proprietary interfaces may be
more trouble. Parallel-port interface machinery is uncommon and never
worked properly.

BSD and SysV unixen should have no problems either as much of the
codebase is common.