Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Disk-Based Autochanger

2011-06-03 11:06:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Disk-Based Autochanger
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 11:03:44 -0400
On 6/2/2011 6:00 PM, Mike Seda wrote:
> Doh. I mean to say "If I'm *not* pointing to removable media"...
>

> On 06/02/2011 02:59 PM, Mike Seda wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I'm currently tweaking a Bacula D2D setup, and am wondering if I
>> should be writing to a disk-based Autochanger versus directly to a
>> disk-based Device. If I'm pointing to removable media, I should just
>> write directly to one or more Devices (w/o an Autochanger), right?

Writing directly to the fixed storage would make sense. Jobs written to
those volumes on disk could then be migrated to tape (or some other
removable storage). You might want to look into the "truncate on purge"
feature, or else set a maximum volume size and number of volumes so that
you don't run out of disk space inadvertently. Bacula will not, by
default, erase volume files when they are purged.