Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] diff between last backup and actual filesystem content

2011-05-31 11:54:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] diff between last backup and actual filesystem content
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: s ancelot <sancelot AT free DOT fr>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 17:51:49 +0200
Hello,

2011/5/31 s ancelot <sancelot AT free DOT fr>
I accidentally deleted some parts of a filesystem that is backed up
periodically, but I do not know exactly which files have been dropped
(rm -rf ....,and CTRL C...)

So, Is there is a way to compare what changed from the last backup and
the actual disk filesystem content in order to restore only these files
in a folder ?

Why do you want to do that?

I think a simplest way to recover from above situation is to restore all files from a backup to original location with option for never overwrite an existing files. Something like this:

Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
Run Restore job
JobName:         RestoreFiles
Bootstrap:       /var/bacula/working/debian-dir.restore.3.bsr
Where:
Replace:         always
FileSet:         Full Set
Backup Client:   debian-fd
Restore Client:  debian-fd
Storage:         File
When:            2011-05-31 17:51:22
Catalog:         MyCatalog
Plugin Options:  *None*
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): mod
Parameters to modify:
     1: Level
     2: Storage
     3: Job
     4: FileSet
     5: Restore Client
     6: When
     7: Priority
     8: Bootstrap
     9: Where
    10: File Relocation
    11: Replace
    12: JobId
    13: Plugin Options
Select parameter to modify (1-13): 11
Replace:
     1: always
     2: ifnewer
     3: ifolder
     4: never

You can choose recommended option: never. If some file exist on filesystem (thus was not deleted) it will be skipped from restoration and you will restore everything else.

best regards

--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net