Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to disable Auto Pruning of Jobs older than 6 months.

2011-05-31 08:16:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to disable Auto Pruning of Jobs older than 6 months.
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: rodrigo.ferraz AT pop.com DOT br
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:13:21 +0400
On Tue, 31 May 2011 08:34:34 -0300
"Rodrigo Ferraz" <rofz55 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> We're facing this situation where all of our past jobs, such as
> montly-based backups and anything older than 6 months, is getting
> purged from the database. This su*cks a lot, since we need to rescan
> a whole tape (with bscan) and reimport everything about it back to
> the database to execute a simple restore. And to get worst: as soon
> as this restore job is completed everything that was imported back to
> the database with the bscan gets again automatically pruned, as below:
[...]

Check out retention period on your voulmes, using something like
llist volume=M112010
in bconsole.

The idea is that volumes only use their pool definition as a template
when they are created there; once they get their retention period
recorded, it won't change except by an operator.
To change the retention period, use
update volume=M112010
and follow the questions.