Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Questions about how bacula works

2011-05-21 10:34:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] Questions about how bacula works
From: Daniel O'Neal <DanielO AT FuncIT DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 09:18:32 -0500

Does bacula do “Open File Backups” similar to Windows VSS?  I know that on Windows backup, it’ll do a shadow copy of open files.  What happens when you are currently backing up a file that is already open?  Can someone describe how this works so I can explain this better?

Thanks,

Daniel O’Neal: Functional IT, LLC
Sr. Network Engineer – danielo AT funcit DOT com
(281) 681-0030 (Office)  (281) 622-8735 (cell)  (281) 378-4920 (Fax)
www.funcit.com

Ask me about Description: chekFIT

This message and the documents attached to it, if any, contains confidential information from Functional IT, is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is Privileged and Confidential under applicable law, and/or may contain Attorney Work Product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message and its attachments, destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately. Please feel free to email my manager with any questions or concerns at RayJ AT FuncIT DOT com

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.