Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Prevent new jobs from being scheduled while old jobs hasn't finished

2011-05-21 05:00:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Prevent new jobs from being scheduled while old jobs hasn't finished
From: Guenter Bartsch <guenter.bartsch AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 10:57:08 +0200
hi everyone,

i have a question about bacula job scheduling. I have a pretty simple
schedule for my backup: do a full backup at the beginning at the month
and then incremental ones every day:

Schedule {
  Name = "DefaultCycle"
  Run = Incremental mon-sun at 23:05
  Run = Full 1st sun at 23:05
}

now, the problem with this schedule is that full backups often take
several days to complete. during that period if (for various reasons)
no previous full backup is available, new incremental backups get
scheduled and automatically promoted to full backups since no full
backup exists. is there a way to tell bacula not to schedule new jobs
unless the previous job from the same schedule has finished?

thanks and best regards,

   guenter