Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Client Run After Job

2011-05-20 16:34:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Client Run After Job
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 16:31:41 -0400
On 05/20/11 14:09, J. Echter wrote:
> Am 20.05.2011 19:46, schrieb Dennis Hoppe:
>> Hello Jürgen,
>>
>> Am 20.05.2011 19:08, schrieb J. Echter:
>>> is there a possibility to have a job run which purpose is to start a sql
>>> server after backup again?
>>>
>>> as i see in the docs theres no client run after job.
>>
>> i think you are looking for something like this (job ressource):
>>
>>   RunBeforeJob = "/etc/init.d/mysql stop"
>>   RunAfterJob  = "/etc/init.d/mysql start"
>>
>> Which kind of database are you using? For example a PostgreSQL did not
>> need to be stopped and started, because pg_dump should handle the
>> locking to get a consistent dump.
>>
>> Regards, Dennis
>>
> hmm... i rechecked and you're right... :)
>
> then this should work on verify jobs too?

Of course, you need to make certain that the MySQL being stopped is not
the one running your catalog.  ;)

Personally, I - both on my own systems, and on work systems - do not
back up MySQL data directories directly.  I dump the DBs and back up the
dumps, or I flush and freeze the tables for a moment, snapshot the
datadir, then thaw the tables and back up the snapshot.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.