Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] First steeps with bacula

2011-05-16 12:58:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] First steeps with bacula
From: Arnau Coll <acoll AT puntdoc DOT es>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 16:41:58 +0000

Hi guys!

First of all, thanks for your existence and experience J

Let me introduce me, I’m IT technician from Barcelona, trying to implement bacula system on my 2 cpd’s and my local lan. Of course, I began trying our local lan. I’d installed on debian 6.0.1 x64 with bacula 5.0.3 and bacula-gui and made my own tutorial (I’m pretty sure that almost of you had problems installing and setting the environment up. I’ll post the tutorial when I finish it ).

Finally it works. I backed up about 5 servers and stations with different Windows and everything is fine, but I only use one volume/pool/storage.

In the future I will make backups to a hard drive ( iscsi device with RAID6, later) but, I have some questions with pools, storages and volumes.

My first idea is setting different files for the weekly, monthly and year backups. What’s the better way to do it?

Can anyone explain me a little bit more about the using of pools, storages and volumes?

As I see, the default media pool is 50Gb, is there any problem to increase it? Or, shall we do more volumes?

Has anyone backup an exchange 2010¿? And try to restore? I saw something about configuring in exchange, but not yet tried.

Thanks to all!

Arnau Coll

Descripción: Descripción: puntdoc

Cap del departament d’internet