Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Win2008 RC2 64 Bit Backup fails

2011-05-10 08:50:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Win2008 RC2 64 Bit Backup fails
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:47:12 +0200
Op 10/05/2011 14:28, James Harper schreef:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to Backup my Windows 2008 RC2 Server with the newest Bacula-FD
>> 64 Bit Client. I´ve enabled VSS but I still get the follow Error Messages:
>>
>> Could not open directory "c:/Documents and
>> Settings/Administrator/AppData/Local/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendung
>> sdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendu
>> ngsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwen
>> dungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anw
>> endungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/A
>> nwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten
>> /Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten":
>> ERR=Der Dateiname konnte durch das System nicht zugeordnet werden.
>>
>>       Options {
>>         signature = MD5
>>         onefs = no
>
> ^^^ that is your problem. Windows Vista put everything under /users and used
> junction points to make sure anything that referenced "/Documents and
> Settings" still worked. A junction point is a mount point as far as bacula is
> concerned and by letting it follow into different filesystems (even though
> it's the same filesystem) you end up recursing. Set onefs = yes and you might
> have more luck.
>
> James

As James points out, you're getting an endless loop due to the Junction
Points present in WIN2008R2. "onefs = no" is pretty much the worst
option to use for modern windows systems as even if you don't end up in
an endless loop, you'll backup a LOT of files 2 or more times wasting
precious backup space!

If you insist on using onefs=no then you'll have to exclude the contents
of all JP's, but as mentioned on the list before you'll end up with
quite a long fileset ;)

Regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****