Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Win2008 RC2 64 Bit Backup fails

2011-05-10 08:32:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Win2008 RC2 64 Bit Backup fails
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Tobias Dinse" <tobias.dinse AT stegbauer DOT info>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 22:28:46 +1000
> Hi,
>
> I tried to Backup my Windows 2008 RC2 Server with the newest Bacula-FD
> 64 Bit Client. I´ve enabled VSS but I still get the follow Error Messages:
>
> Could not open directory "c:/Documents and
> Settings/Administrator/AppData/Local/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendung
> sdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendu
> ngsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwen
> dungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anw
> endungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/A
> nwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten
> /Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten/Anwendungsdaten":
> ERR=Der Dateiname konnte durch das System nicht zugeordnet werden.
>
>      Options {
>        signature = MD5
>        onefs = no

^^^ that is your problem. Windows Vista put everything under /users and used
junction points to make sure anything that referenced "/Documents and Settings"
still worked. A junction point is a mount point as far as bacula is concerned
and by letting it follow into different filesystems (even though it's the same
filesystem) you end up recursing. Set onefs = yes and you might have more luck.

James