Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device Error

2011-05-06 12:28:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device Error
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Robert Longfield <robert.longfield AT klinsight DOT com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 12:25:33 -0400
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Robert Longfield
<robert.longfield AT klinsight DOT com> wrote:
> I don't believe it has two drives in it. i've removed the second entry from
> bacula-sd as I was running into a problem when I tried to run a job.
>
> I've restarted all the services since removing the pv122T-2 lines from the
> -sd.conf file and when I do a 'run' from bconsole followed by a 'status' on
> "storage" I get the following error:
>
> Device status:
> Autochanger "PV-122T" with devices:
>    "PV-122T-1" (/dev/nst0)
> Device "PV-122T-1" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with:
>     Volume:      test001
>     Pool:        File
>     Media type:  LTO-2
>     Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:
>        Pool:        File
>        Media type:  LTO-2
>     Drive 0 status unknown.
>     Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
>     Positioned at File=0 Block=0
> ====
> Used Volume status:
> test001 on device "PV-122T-1" (/dev/nst0)
>     Reader=0 writers=0 devres=1 volinuse=0
> ====
>
> The first time it said it needed a volume to be creaded so I used the volume
> command and created test001. Now it seems the device is BLOCKED and needs a
> volume?

I assume you have a barcode reader on your archive and you also have
barcode lables on your tapes. In this case you should never label your
tapes directly. You normally issue the

update slots

command after adding tapes and the aotochanger is done scanning the labels.

Then after that completes issue

label barcodes

command in bconsole and put all tapes into the Scratch pool. Do not
worry about already labeled tapes being in the list. Bacula will only
grab and label the tapes that are in the changer that are not in the
bacula database.

After this completes and bacula needs a tape it will grab it from the
Scratch pool and move it into the current pool.

John