Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device Error

2011-05-06 12:25:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device Error
From: Robert Longfield <robert.longfield AT klinsight DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 12:14:58 -0400
I don't believe it has two drives in it. i've removed the second entry from bacula-sd as I was running into a problem when I tried to run a job.

I've restarted all the services since removing the pv122T-2 lines from the -sd.conf file and when I do a 'run' from bconsole followed by a 'status' on "storage" I get the following error:

Device status:
Autochanger "PV-122T" with devices:
   "PV-122T-1" (/dev/nst0)
Device "PV-122T-1" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with:
    Volume:      test001
    Pool:        File
    Media type:  LTO-2
    Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:
       Pool:        File
       Media type:  LTO-2
    Drive 0 status unknown.
    Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0
====
Used Volume status:
test001 on device "PV-122T-1" (/dev/nst0)
    Reader=0 writers=0 devres=1 volinuse=0
====

The first time it said it needed a volume to be creaded so I used the volume command and created test001. Now it seems the device is BLOCKED and needs a volume?

-Rob
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
2011/5/5 Robert Longfield <robert.longfield AT klinsight DOT com>:
> John,
>
> the online guidE I followed should setting up the pv-122t with -1 and -2 so
> I can't really give you a reason as to why I have them in my config, other
> than i was told that was the correct way.

Does your  pv-122T have 1 or 2 drives? I am not familiar with that
particular archive.

John