Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup interrupted

2011-05-04 13:19:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup interrupted
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net>
To: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 19:17:40 +0200 (CEST)
> Op 20110428 om 12:53 schreef Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk:
> > > I have a problem with a Windows 2003 server where backup is
> > > interrupted quite often. I only see the problem on this machine
> > > (dev0), but the error looks more like an SD failure. This SD is in
> > > use for several other backups, which work well. Director, FD and
> > > SD
> > > are all running Bacula 5.0.3.
> >
> > Also, please note that heartbeat is enabled at all of them. Any
> > ideas
> > what this might be?
>
> What is ment with 'This SD is in use for several other backups'?

We have a Bacula 5.0.3 setup consisting of the following:

- One Director with a local PostgreSQL database.
- Three Bacula Storage Daemons, two with 100TB storage each (PRV and DMZ), and
one with 14TB storage (TOS). Each of them are on their own local networks
(private HQ, DMZ HQ, and the Tromsø office).
- Currently, 66 Bacula File Daemons, 25 on PRV, 36 on DMZ and 5 on TOS.

The clients are on everything from Windows XP, Windows server 2003/2008/2008R2,
different Linux distros etc. They are all setup with heartbeat interval = 60
and they all work.

Except dev0, a Windows 2003 VM on the DMZ, that for some reason loses its
connection to the SD while backing up.

Sometimes it works and the backup finishes, mostly it gets interrupted.

so - any ideas how I can debug this further?

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk