Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] About retention, and pruning.

2011-04-28 08:54:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] About retention, and pruning.
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:50:49 +0200
Hi,

I am adding this to precise question and "reopen" the topic.
I read many time the chapter of the documentation but I was never sure
of what I understood.

As you know when you do an inc you need a " sequence of job " : at
least a full + maybe 1 diff + maybe many incs
That would be nice to have some security option that make sure that a
full a diff or a previous inc wont be purged although  there is still
a valid job that is dependent of theses ones.
For the moment i have set 3 pools for a "kind of data" ( ex: mail data )
For the full I configured on 0 (unlimited)
For the diff 2 week
For the incs 1 week

one problem is that the last inc of a sequence will be kept whereas
the first inc of the same sequence is purged.

when I do a diff that should be like that :

diff  : ==================>

and not like that :

Can you tell me if bacula, when it's going to purge a job check if
another job depends of the one that it's going to purge ?