Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] prevent windows shutdown when backup run

2011-04-21 12:28:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] prevent windows shutdown when backup run
From: Stefan Muenkner <stefan.muenkner AT uks DOT eu>
To: John Doe <jdmls AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:34:47 +0200
On 21.04.2011 10:58, John Doe wrote:
> From: ruslan usifov <ruslan.usifov AT gmail DOT com>
>
>> We back up client computers throw bacula-fd, but have some issue  throw
>> shutdown process (when user press power off button or throw  "start"
>> menu). We want prevent shutdown process while fd work, does exists  any
>> solutions for this  task?
>
> Maybe look at:
> http://www.windows-help-central.com/windows-shutdown-script.html
> You'd have to write a script/program that waits until bacula-fd is done.
> But I never tried it myself...
>
> JD

It might work that way, by going into a loop querying whether a backup
task is currently being run and leave the loop only if no task is run
(with a message to the user....). But it would still leave the problem,
how to detect that a backup task is being run......does bacula-fd provide
anything like that.....under windows.......

 Cheers,
    Stefan

--
 Stefan Münkner