Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Exclude Dir Containing directive only works with just one value

2011-04-19 11:38:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] Exclude Dir Containing directive only works with just one value
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:35:52 -0400
Hi all,

I'm seeing an odd situation, running Bacula version 5.0.3.  The Exclude Dir
Containing attribute seems to work fine if I only specify one, but if I
specify two, they're both ignored.

Anybody else seen this behavior?

Here's what I'm talking about...

I used this FileSet
FileSet {
   Name = "mac-users-dirs"
   Ignore Fileset Changes=yes
   Include {
     Options {
       hfsplussupport = yes
       signature = MD5
       noatime = yes
       exclude = yes
       WildDir = "/Users/som-staff"
       WildDir = "/Users/*/Library/Caches"
     }
     File = "/Users"
     Exclude Dir Containing = "excludemefrombackup.txt"
   }
}
I did a reload, then an estimate for the job using that, confirming that
bacula now estimates a lower total bytes for the job.  Then I added a
second Exclude Dir Containing line in so it looks like this
FileSet {
   Name = "mac-users-dirs"
   Ignore Fileset Changes=yes
   Include {
     Options {
       hfsplussupport = yes
       signature = MD5
       noatime = yes
       exclude = yes
       WildDir = "/Users/som-staff"
       WildDir = "/Users/*/Library/Caches"
     }
     File = "/Users"
     Exclude Dir Containing = "excludemefrombackup.txt"
     Exclude Dir Containing = "excludemefrombackup"
   }
}

Upon doing a reload in bconsole and another estimate, it looks like the
total byte count is the same as before the first Exclude Dir Containing
directive was added to the FileSet.

Can anybody confirm this or has anybody found a work-around of some sort?
Since we'd like end-users to create the file themselves it would be helpful
if it would work either way, due to the odd way windows works with file
extensions when you create a new file (depending on which way you have it
configured to show extensions or not).

    Bob