Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)

2011-04-04 08:58:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:55:34 +0200
Op 4/04/2011 13:58, Michael A Baikov schreef:
> I have ~20 servers that i backup with bacula to file storage (mostly
> incrementally). Now i want to write some of backups to tape, but as full
> backups. How can i do this without performing extra jobs on the client and
> without extracting all data to some directory on server and writing it to the
> tape?
>
> Is there a way to repack from bacula incremental archives to something less
> obscure like zip/tar on the fly?

You might want to look into Virtual Fulls.
http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_3_0_0.html#SECTION00870000000000000000

This is the only way I know of in bacula to "convert" a series of
full-diff-incr backups into 1 new backup without contacting the client.

Kind regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm