Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd on windows 7 not listening on IPv6 address??

2011-04-03 08:39:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd on windows 7 not listening on IPv6 address??
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 14:35:28 +0200
On 04/01/2011 04:42 PM, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the follow-up.
>
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011, Matija Nalis wrote:
>
>>> Indeed, not specifying either FDAddress or FDAddresses should listen on
>>> all available addresses. In the Linux client, it does. For the 3.x
>>
>> Well, on my Debianu GNU/Linux, bacula-fd 5.0.2, it does not.
>
> Ah, I just assumed this problem was with Windows only.  I never thought to
> check a linux host.  I can confirm this on Ubuntu with packaged bacula-fd
> 5.0.2.
>
>> In absence of specified ipv6 addr in FDAddresses, it will listen only on
>> 0.0.0.0 (all IPv4 addresses).
>>
>> I must use:
>>
>>   FDAddresses  = {
>>      ipv6 = { addr = :: }
>>   }
>>
>> in order to make it listen to all IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (which is also
>> probably what OP wanted to do, and what probably should be bacula default
>> (which it currently isn't) if no FDAddress/FDAddresses are specified.
>
> The above config will makes bacula-fd listen on IPv6 only on my Ubuntu
> instance (which makes sense of course).  However, if you add the IPv4 in:
>
>   FDAddresses  = {
>     ipv4 = { addr = 0.0.0.0; port = 9102; }
>     ipv6 = { addr = :: }
>   }
>
> It no longer binds to any IPv6 addresses.
>
> Gavin

I'll do some tests, and it seems there a pb in decoding (parsing and recognize)
ipv6 shortcut

bacula-fd -d200 -c /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
bacula-fd: filed_conf.c:452-0 Inserting director res: yoda-mon
03-Apr 14:24 bacula-fd: ERROR TERMINATION at address_conf.c:503
Config error: Can't add hostname(::) and port(9102) to addrlist (can't resolve
hostname(::) Authoritative answer for host not
found.)
            : line 36, col 38 of file /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
    ipv6 = { addr = ::; port = 9102 }

if I put full ipv6 address there's no pb, and bacula-fd is listening on the
address & port

FileDaemon {
  Name = c-3po-fd
  FDAddresses  = {
    ipv4 = { addr = 0.0.0.0; port = 9102 }
 #    ipv6 = { addr = ::; port = 9102 } # not working actually
    ipv6 = { addr = 2001:1234:f7c:0:111:20ff:fef6:4e5d; port = 9102 }
# fake ipv6 for mail :D
  }
  WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
  Pid Directory = /var/run
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

Tested on openSUSE, bacula 5.0.3
director then connect primarily by ipv6, which is good.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador