Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd on windows 7 not listening on IPv6 address??

2011-04-01 10:44:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd on windows 7 not listening on IPv6 address??
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:42:04 +0100
Hi,

thanks for the follow-up.

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011, Matija Nalis wrote:

> > Indeed, not specifying either FDAddress or FDAddresses should listen on
> > all available addresses. In the Linux client, it does. For the 3.x
>
> Well, on my Debianu GNU/Linux, bacula-fd 5.0.2, it does not.

Ah, I just assumed this problem was with Windows only.  I never thought to
check a linux host.  I can confirm this on Ubuntu with packaged bacula-fd
5.0.2.

> In absence of specified ipv6 addr in FDAddresses, it will listen only on
> 0.0.0.0 (all IPv4 addresses).
>
> I must use:
>
>   FDAddresses  = {
>      ipv6 = { addr = :: }
>   }
>
> in order to make it listen to all IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (which is also
> probably what OP wanted to do, and what probably should be bacula default
> (which it currently isn't) if no FDAddress/FDAddresses are specified.

The above config will makes bacula-fd listen on IPv6 only on my Ubuntu
instance (which makes sense of course).  However, if you add the IPv4 in:

  FDAddresses  = {
    ipv4 = { addr = 0.0.0.0; port = 9102; }
    ipv6 = { addr = :: }
  }

It no longer binds to any IPv6 addresses.

Gavin

--
Gavin McCullagh
Senior System Administrator

This E-mail is from Griffith College.
The E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be
privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the addressee you are prohibited
from disclosing its content, copying it or distributing it otherwise than to
the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your
computer.

Bellerophon Ltd, trades as Griffith College (registered in Ireland No.
60469) with its registered address as Griffith College Campus, South
Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.