Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] problem with etc/init.d/bacula-director

2011-02-28 12:44:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] problem with etc/init.d/bacula-director
From: gianni <giannife AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:41:17 +0100
Summarinzing:
on ubuntu 10.10 bacula-dir doesn't start automatically (there is a
problem with the bacula-dir script in /etc/init.d), could you please
tell me how to modify this standard script, taken from the bacula
source?
I wrote the values that I think are correct in the comments, the rest
of the script is inaltered.

thanks

#! /bin/sh
#
# bacula  This shell script takes care of starting and stopping
#         the bacula Director daemon on Debian/Ubuntu/Kubuntu
#         systems.
#
#   Kern E. Sibbald - 21 March 2008
#
#  For Bacula release @VERSION@ (@DATE@) -- @DISTNAME@
#

NAME="bacula-dir"
DESC="Bacula Director"
# I would use
#DAEMON= /usr/sbin/${NAME}
DAEMON=@sbindir@/${NAME}
# I would use
#BUSER=bacula
BUSER=@dir_user@
# I would use
#BGROUP=bacula
BGROUP=@dir_group@
# I would use
#BOPTIONS="-c /etc/bacula/${NAME}.conf"
BOPTIONS="-c @sysconfdir@/${NAME}.conf"
# 9101?
BPORT=@dir_port@

PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

test -f $DAEMON || exit 0

#
# Disable Glibc malloc checks, it doesn't help and it keeps from getting
#   good dumps
MALLOC_CHECK_=0
export MALLOC_CHECK_

if [ -n "`getent services ${NAME}`" ]; then
   BPORT=`getent services ${NAME} | awk '{ gsub("/tcp","",$2); print $2; }'`
fi

# is piddir= /var/run/bacula?
mkdir -p @piddir@
PIDFILE=@piddir@/${NAME}.${BPORT}.pid

if [ "x${BUSER}" != "x" ]; then
   BOPTIONS="${BOPTIONS} -u ${BUSER}"
fi
if [ "x${BGROUP}" != "x" ]; then
   BOPTIONS="${BOPTIONS} -g ${BGROUP}"
fi

case "$1" in
   start)
      echo -n "Starting ${DESC}: "
      start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile ${PIDFILE} --exec
${DAEMON} -- ${BOPTIONS}
      RETVAL=$?
      echo "${NAME}"
      ;;
   stop)
      echo -n "Stopping ${DESC}: "
      start-stop-daemon --oknodo --stop --quiet --exec ${DAEMON} -- ${BOPTIONS}
      RETVAL=$?
      echo "${NAME}"
      ;;
   restart|force-reload)
      $0 stop
      sleep 5
      $0 start
      ;;
   *)
      echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/${NAME} {start|stop|restart|force-reload}" >&2
      exit 1
      ;;
esac
exit $RETVAL