Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Repeating FULL backup

2011-02-28 11:15:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Repeating FULL backup
From: Mike Hobbs <mhobbs AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:10:14 -0500
  I'm testing Bacula, so this is not a production setup and I ran into
an issue, problem, bug, I'm not sure.  During my testing, I'm backing up
a file system of about 700gb to a disk.  A FULL backup took around 21
hours with compression turned on.  While this was happening the
remaining backup jobs were queued waiting for the big job to finish.
Once the big 700gb job was done the remaining jobs ran and all was well.

The problem came when it was time to do the big job again, I thought it
would have ran an incremental as all the other backup jobs have done,
but bacula decided to re-run a FULL job again.  I'm not sure why or
where to look to try and figure out why.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Some other minor questions..

Does bacula use the /etc/dumpdates file? (I don't think so)

Are there any limitations to file, folder or file system sizes that
bacula can't do?

Thank you!

mike