Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Directories had System and Read-Only Attribute set after Recovery on Windows Client

2011-02-26 10:33:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Directories had System and Read-Only Attribute set after Recovery on Windows Client
From: Martina Mohrstein <mmohr007 AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:31:13 -0600
Yesterday I had to make a recovery of a huge amount of data caused by a disc crash of one of our Windows Clients.

To recovery worked without a problem, but afterwards I had problems with some applications that couldn't start because of permission problems with their data.

After some hours of searching I found that the reason was that bacula had recovered all directories with the System an Read-Only Attribute set.

For most Windows programs that is no problem because they don't honor directory attributes when accessing files. But a tomcat server had problems withtheses attributes because they permit him access to some file operations inside a directory which has these attributes set.

After I remove the system and read-only attribute with the windows attrib command from all directories all applications worked without any further problems.

I am using Bacula 3.0.3 on the server and on the clients. And all other permissions expecially the ntfs permissions were completly correct.

And am 100% sure that the system and read-only attributes weren't set on the crashed disc before.

So does anybody know these problems and how I could avoild them while a next restore.

Best regards
Michael Mohrmann