Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Off topic: Backing up Client Workstations

2011-02-18 02:14:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Off topic: Backing up Client Workstations
From: Marcello Romani <mromani AT ottotecnica DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 08:11:04 +0100
Il 18/02/2011 04:08, Randy Katz ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> This is clearly off topic so flame away if need be!
>
> Since I have come to know many on this list are quite savvy how are you
> all backing up your personal workstations? The ones that have 2-5GB data
> and are not at the same location as your servers and are not on public ip
> space for one reason or another. Currently I have been using a client
> software
> I am not sure I like to do full/diffs to a user account on one of my main
> servers which gets backed up in the cycle. I am not sure this is the
> best I can
> do, any feedback much appreciated, thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Randy

Hi,
     I'm not one of the savvy, but I've read some days ago a thread in
this ml's archives about backing up a remote Windows client using
bacula. Remote meaning its internet connection was not stable enough to
handle the whole backup job traffic.
The solution proposed was to mirror the client with rsync and use bacula
to backup the rsync'd client image.

HTH

--
Marcello Romani