Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Replacing WSB with Bacula - need help with hardware requirements

2011-02-17 01:45:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Replacing WSB with Bacula - need help with hardware requirements
From: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:34:26 +1100
Hi Vancho,

Short answer - none of them.

Bacula no longer actively supports Windows as the director OS.

Go to MSY and buy a quad-core box with 8/12/16/26/96GB RAM and a handful
of 2TB disks, get a tape autoloader, install the Linux/BSD/Solaris of your
choice, and Bob's Your Uncle.

Of course, if you are going to go the disk-based backup route, you could
install VirtualBox/VMWare/Xen on one of your Windows boxen and then put
Linux/BSD/Solaris on that...

I'd offer to help, but you are in Sydney, and no-one worth worrying about
is in Sydney :-).  (Of *course* I'm in Melbourne, where else would I be.)

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)