Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup volumes and pools

2011-02-15 20:59:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup volumes and pools
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Chris Geegan <dragonstone1020 AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 20:57:02 -0500
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Chris Geegan <dragonstone1020 AT gmail DOT
com> wrote:
> Ok I can get those. In general though do I have the general idea correct? If
> there are unused volumes and a new pool is configured to auto-label then the
> pool will automatically label unused volumes for backups as needed.
>
> Sound about right?

Yes. If you enabled auto labeling in the pool and the storage device
and set a label format then volumes will be auto labeled when needed
provided you did not set a maximum volume limit for the pool. If you
set a maximum volume limit then that would be enforced of course.

John