Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] It's possible to parallelize backups?

2011-02-15 01:52:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] It's possible to parallelize backups?
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 06:49:04 +0000 (UTC)
Am Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:36:13 +0100 schrieb Simone Martina:

> Hi at all,
> since some weeks I got a new SCSI controller due to use a second tape
> reader into the HP MSL6030 (a Overland NEO 2000 clone) tape library.
> After some initially troubles and a some telephonic shout with HP
> support, now I'm able to use both internal reader (nst0 and nst1) and to
> control the autocharger (sg1).
> Actually I've defined two test pools: IncrWeek and WinIncrWeek. My goal
> is to get two simultaneous backups from two different client onto two
> tapes, one for each pool.

Search for "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" in the docs. it's needed at
different places in bacula-dir.conf, bacula-sd.conf and  maybe bacula-
fd.conf.

For concurrent jobs it's IMHO recommended to enable spooling to prevent
interleaving of the data on tape (search "Spool Data" and "Spool
Attributes" in the docs)

- Thomas