Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] It's possible to parallelize backups?

2011-02-14 12:03:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] It's possible to parallelize backups?
From: Simone Martina <smartina AT noc.skylogicnet DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:36:13 +0100
Hi at all,
since some weeks I got a new SCSI controller due to use a second tape
reader into the HP MSL6030 (a Overland NEO 2000 clone) tape library.
After some initially troubles and a some telephonic shout with HP
support, now I'm able to use both internal reader (nst0 and nst1) and to
control the autocharger (sg1).
Actually I've defined two test pools: IncrWeek and WinIncrWeek. My goal
is to get two simultaneous backups from two different client onto two
tapes, one for each pool.

The problem is that, when a job start gets the first drive ([0])
meanwhile the second job wait for first terminating, to use the same drive.

I've attached my sd.conf and my storage section, where's wrong?

Thanks for you time,

Simone

====== sd.conf =====
Autochanger {
  Name = tl2ch
  Device = tl2drv1, tl2drv2
  Changer Device = /dev/sg1
  Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %s %a %d"
}

Device {
  Name = tl2drv1
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Drive Index = 0
  Archive Device = /dev/nst1
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Changer Device = /dev/sg1
  Autochanger = yes
  Autoselect = yes
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
  Spool Directory = /srv/baculaspool/drive1
  Maximum Spool Size = 10G
  Maximum File Size = 2G
  Block Positioning = no
}

Device {
  Name = tl2drv2
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Drive Index = 1
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Changer Device = /dev/sg1
  Autochanger = yes
  Autoselect = yes
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
  Spool Directory = /srv/baculaspool/drive2
  Maximum Spool Size = 10G
  Maximum File Size = 2G
  Block Positioning = no
}

=== storage ===
# MSL6030 Autochanger
Storage {
  Name = TL2CH
  Address = 172.20.25.28                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "password"
  Device = tl2ch
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Autochanger = Yes
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

# Internal drive1
Storage {
  Name = TL2DRV1
  Address = 172.20.25.28                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "password"
  Device = tl2srv1
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

# Internal drive2
Storage {
  Name = TL2DRV2
  Address = 172.20.25.28                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "password"
  Device = tl2srv2