Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Manage new pool

2011-02-09 03:19:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Manage new pool
From: Valerio Pachera <sirio81 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 09:17:35 +0100
Hi all, I have a job using the pool 'my-pool' and the storage
'control-station-sd'.
I wanted to save date to a differente server, on a new witha
differente volume retention value.

I see that no new file (volumes) are created in the new storage server.
My job is in running state.

The main question is: when create a new pool, do I have to execute any
commando to make it available?

Here is the list of the things I did.

I installed bacula-sd on the new server, modified
/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf to add my director username and passswrod
and also to add the monitor username and password.
SDAddress is commented out, so any host can connect.
Tray monitor connect succesfuly to sd daemon.
On the new device definition, 'Archive Device' point to a folder with
777 permission.

By director side, I created the new storage definition with the new device.
I created a new pool definition called 'main-pool' and Laberl Format 'main-'.
I changed the JobDefs inserting all the new objects.
I did not change the  'Job'  definition because it simply incule
JobDefs and the bootstrap.