Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula backup

2011-02-03 05:15:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula backup
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: laxansh AT anatec DOT com
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:12:58 +0100
Op 3/02/2011 10:46, Laxansh K. Adesara schreef:

Hi,

I have installed bacula-dir on ubuntu and bacula-client on window machine and also configured it so I am able to connect bacula-dir from bacula client machine form console and now I want to do backup by using LTO 4 tape drive which is installed on window 2003 server and I have already tested tape drive and its working fine by using HP Software but now by using bacula I want to do backup so can anyone please tell me how can I do it? Where do i need to configure it? What is the code for it? How can I make sure whether it’s doing backup or not?

In short,

1. ubuntu machine : bacula-dir

2. window machine: bacula-client

3. window 2003 server machine : LTO 4

The part of bacula that writes to tape or disk is the bacula storage daemon, or SD. This daemon is only supported on linux, so getting it to run on windows isn't easy or recommended.
You're best off putting the LTO-4 drive in the Ubuntu machine and configuring the bacula-sd on that machine to use it.

Also: don't spam us personally with these mails, we read the mailing list, no need to send an extra copy to a bunch of separate users ...

Kind regards,
Jeremy

**** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm