Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-3 tape Not Compressing data and speed

2011-01-18 06:51:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-3 tape Not Compressing data and speed
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jose Antonio Rodriguez Martin <jarodriguez AT cgi DOT es>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 06:49:08 -0500
> Nothing, it still does not copy more than 417 GB ...

I believe 417GB shows that compression is on since the tape is 400 GB.

What are you using as a source to this copy? If it is a compressed
format you will fit close to the native size of 400GB if it is text
you will fit between 1 and 2TB.

Also do you have quality tapes? The reason I ask is the tape drive
will fit less data on lesser quality tapes. The tape drive
automatically rereads each block and it will duplicate any blocks if
it finds an error.

John