Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Hardware Encryption?

2011-01-05 15:50:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Hardware Encryption?
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:48:14 -0500
Fellow Bacula Users,
     I am in search of a hardware based encryption solution that is OS/Storage independent. Whether it be a new drive or something else even Bacula compatible. The encryption provided within Bacula itself is not sufficient for my needs and during my last search I was unable to find an LTO-4 drive with encryption that was capable of encrypting tapes w/o interaction from the Backup program (essentially only being supported by the software of the vendor itself)

    So some responses from fellow users on what you're doing for encryption of Tapes outside of Bacula would be great.

Thanks,
Shon