Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for - (I assumed file devices auto created volumes?)

2010-12-30 14:56:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for - (I assumed file devices auto created volumes?)
From: Kleber Leal <kleber.leal AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:52:41 -0300
It seems your have not auto label enabled.
Can you post your config files? Just remove your passwords.

Kleber

2010/12/30 Mister IT Guru <misteritguru AT gmx DOT com>
 I've run into a problem, which seems to be expected with tape
changers, but I have disk based storage. I am under the assumption that
when auto-label is enabled, that a new volume will be automatically
created when required. I can't babysit the backups and manually mount
and create new volumes, I have a few terabytes per full run, and I want
to do an end of year backup on my shiny new bacula instance.

When I run a backup, my storage returns this status
---
Device status:
Device "FileStorage" (/backups/default) is not open.
    Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:
       Pool:        Default
       Media type:  File
Device "FULLStorage" (/backups/FULL) is not open.
Device "INCStorage" (/backups/INC) is not open.
Device "DIFFStorage" (/backups/DIFF) is not open.
---

The bacula can write to the disk, I have tested this already, and I'm
slowly losing my mind trying to figure this out. Any pointers as to
where to look are very much appreciated.

Thanks