Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Can't connect to Remote.

2010-12-30 09:16:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Can't connect to Remote.
From: "Wayne Spivak" <WSpivak AT sbanetweb DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:13:18 -0500
Installed Bacula 5.0.2 on Fedora 14 (called Kira).

Previously had it installed and working on Fedora 11 (called Beech)

I copied all the conf files from Beech to Kira (adjusted them for new
machine) and Bacula started.

Did a backup on Kira with out problems.

Went to test on Ladymax (on other side of firewall - public machine):
Port 9102 works both ways (only running bacula-fd)
Port 9101 and 9103 work from Ladymax to Kira
Both using 5.0.2 (FD for Ladymax)
Started Ladymax in Debug mode:
/sbin/bacula-fd -c/etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf -f -d20 -m -v -s -dt
29-Dec-2010 09:20:44 ladymax.sbanetweb.com-fd: filed.c:275-0 filed:
listening on port 9102

Bacula on Kira won't find Ladymax.  Error is " kira.sbanetweb.com-dir JobId
14: Fatal error: Socket error on Storage command: ERR=Connection reset by
peer 29-Dec 10:19 kira.sbanetweb.com-dir JobId 14: Fatal error: Network
error with FD during Backup: ERR=Connection reset by peer 29-Dec 10:19"

Remember, Ladymax works under a Fedora 11 install... I even turned off
iptables on Kira (inside of firewall), to no avail.  For kickers, loaded
bat-console and that won't connect to bacula-dir on Kira as well...

Any ideas?

Wayne Spivak
SBA * Consulting®  & SBA.NET.WEB®
divisions of SBA * Consulting, Ltd.