Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula: Keyword Name not permitted in this resource

2010-12-30 03:30:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula: Keyword Name not permitted in this resource
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:28:27 +0100
Op 20:59, Robert Garza schreef:
Hello,

    Try removing the spaces in between the "Run After Job" and "Run After Failed Job" directive blocks.

http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001830000000000000000

Maybe a bit late (original poster's problem has already been fixed) but I wanted to reply to this false information (at least for 5.0.x, not sure about earlier versions).

Quote from the 5.0.3 manual (section 16.2.2: Upper and lower case and spaces):
Case (upper/lower) and spaces are totally ignored in the resource directive keywords (the part before the equal sign).

Within the keyword (i.e. before the equal sign), spaces are not significant. Thus the keywords: name, Name, and N a m e are all identical.

Spaces after the equal sign and before the first character of the value are ignored.

In general, spaces within a value are significant (not ignored), and if the value is a name, you must enclose the name in double quotes for the spaces to be accepted. Names may contain up to 127 characters. Currently, a name may contain any ASCII character. Within a quoted string, any character following a backslash (\) is taken as itself (handy for inserting backslashes and double quotes (”)).

Please note, however, that Bacula resource names as well as certain other names (e.g. Volume names) must contain only letters (including ISO accented letters), numbers, and a few special characters (space, underscore, ...). All other characters and punctuation are invalid.

So it shouldn't matter if there are any spaces in the directive names. I've verified this in the past as my predecessor used a wide mix of capitalized/non-capitalized names, names with spaces and without, lines ended by semicolons and lines without, etc.