Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-Users] Bweb showing finished verify jobs with differences as running

2010-12-28 10:39:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-Users] Bweb showing finished verify jobs with differences as running
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:36:58 +0100
Op 20:59, Martin Simmons schreef:
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:35:51 +0100, Jeremy Maes said:
Hey

Bweb has a nice status page that lists all currently running jobs.
However there seems to be an annoying
bug that causes all Verify Jobs that terminate with differences found to
be marked as running forever. (I've had a long list of verify jobs in
there with some having a runtime of over 500h)

When checking with bconsole it'll show 0 jobs running and it'll show the
relevant verify job(s) as terminated with Verify Differences.

Now this wouldn't be too much of an issue if it weren't for bug 1661
<http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id61&history=1> that causes pretty
much all of my verify jobs to end with Verify Differences for no good
reason. This leaves me with no other option but to manually (or with a
script) delete the verify jobs from the catalog.

Now I'd happily confirm the bug on mantis and/or create a new one for
the bweb error, but the captcha on the registration page isn't working
so I'm turning to the mailing list ^^ Anyone have an idea how to prevent
either of the bugs, or have an idea for a workaround that doesn't
involve deleting the jobs from the catalog?

I'm running bacula 5.0.3 (DIR, FD, SD, gui) in my lab for testing on a
RHEL4 udpate 8 environment, writing to a VXA-2 tape drive.
Earlier tests with an LTO-1 drive or to a file have the same issue.

If any extra info is needed I'll gladly provide.
For bug 1661, posting the complete fileset and job output would be useful.
Also the output of /bin/mount.

__Martin

Hey

I posted the requested info as a comment on the bug report (since the mantis signup seems fixed)
Everything can thus be found right here. (http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1661)

If you'd rather have me post it to the list aswell, I'll gladly do that aswell.

Kind regards,
Jeremy

**** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm