Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] "Archiving" out a tape.

2010-12-20 23:13:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] "Archiving" out a tape.
From: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:02:38 +1100
Hi all,
Bacula 3.0.3 server, mix of 302 and 303 clients on *NIX and Windows.

I'm taking a full backup of everything, for EOY archiving purposes, and I
was wondering should I purge the tape volume(s) created by this so as to
make subsequent incremental and differential backups *not* refer to this
backup.

IOW - does "purge" make inc/diff look at the *previous* backup times when
deciding what to do?

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)