Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to discard "tape" (file actually) on failed backup?

2010-12-14 18:14:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to discard "tape" (file actually) on failed backup?
From: David Young <david AT prophecy.net DOT nz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:29:56 +1300
Hi bacula-users,

We have configured disk volumes and auto-labeling in such a way that a
new file is created for every backup job, and the job ID is part of the
filename:

--
Pool {
  Name = daily

This works great, and it's really easy to identify which file is created
by which backup, with the exception of a case where a backup fails..
because the backup volume has already been created based on the name.

I.e, say I have 2 backup jobs, "serverA" and "serverB"...

Job "serverA" runs, and auto-labels a new file as
"/store/serverA-434"... but the job fails because ServerA is
unreachable. So bacula times out, and then proceeds with backup job
"serverB", but it uses the file it's already created for serverA's backup.

Any way around this?

Thanks,