Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Solaris Dir can not access Linux FD

2010-12-01 21:38:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Solaris Dir can not access Linux FD
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:35:26 -0500
On 12/1/2010 8:27 PM, amybac wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:

>>> No, but I have another solaris C, C is not the same subnet with Sserver,
>>> and Sserver can access C.

>>> yes. alive.

>>> No firewall. do you mean smartroute process? I didn't find this process and
>>> service.

>>> No. but telnet did not work between Sserver and solaris C,and they backup
>>> successfully
>>> ==>a little more: when telnet from Sserver to C, it hangs at" connected to
>>> C, Escape is ^]", seems waiting there and no "xx>" --- this means telnet
>>> success??
>>> when telnet from Sserver to Lserver, it hangs at " trying Lserver..." and
>>> waiting there..
>>>

>> The following is normal:
>>
>> $ telnet 10.55.0.1 9102
>> Trying 10.55.0.1...
>> Connected to bast.unixathome.org.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> typesomethinghere
>> Connection closed by foreign host.
>> $
>>

> Dan, yes, seems Lserver and Server can not telnet to each other, as shown
> above. Then how to deal with this?
> thanks

You figure out why.  :)

This is a network issue.  It's back to basics.

Confirm that the daemons are running.  Confirm that you can telnet to
that port from that host. In my case, I would ssh to 10.55.0.1, then
from that host, telnet to to the same host.  If you can, then you KNOW
it's an access issue between the hosts.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/