Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Troubles with bacula and vchanger.

2010-12-01 13:01:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Troubles with bacula and vchanger.
From: Matt Coleman - Digital Domain <studiob AT digido DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:58:21 -0500
Hello,

I am trying to set up bacula to backup our company's desktop systems.
The system I'm running bacula on has two eSATA docks. We'd like to back
files up to drives in the eSATA docks, and be able to remove each drive
and store it powered off once it's full. So, I've settled on
bacula+vchanger as the most appropriate solution for our needs
(Retrospect does what we need, too, but it's slow, unwieldy, and I
believe even harder than bacula to extract individual files from a backup).

I am currently testing with two hard drives that I have added to my
vchanger configuration (set up with autofs mounting them using UUIDs as
recommended by the vchanger HOWTO that's included with the source). I
have only created 80GB partitions on them (to speed up the testing) and
have told bacula and vchanger to create 4 19GB volumes. Yesterday before
I left the office, I started a job and saw that it was writing to the
first volume on the first drive. When I got to work today, I found that
the backup had failed after only completing about 300MB. When I tried to
inspect the drives, I found that I couldn't even mount the first drive.
I rebooted and was able to mount the drive, however now vchanger doesn't
show any magazines when I run the listmags command.

I have created several pastebins with relevant information:
commands tried and their output: http://pastebin.com/0bFNcBhF
bacula-dir.conf: http://pastebin.com/b2iq9TsP
bacula-sd.conf: http://pastebin.com/qJE6kLPw
bacula-fd.conf: http://pastebin.com/CprDnrz1